1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha B100 Footswitch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by themeanxtime, Sep 18, 2008.

1. themeanxtime

themeanxtime

Sep 10, 2008
    Hey everyone,

I recently added a yamaha B100 bass head to my collection of amps, however, the person who i bought this from did not have a footswitch. I looked around for a bit but I could not find a thing. Would anyone know what kind of footswitch the Yamaha B100 head uses.

Thanks a bunch.

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Is th;is the B-100 with a distortion control? If it only says "B-100" with no roman numerals then it's just a simple shorting switch. I don't recall if the B-100 II had any switchable options, but the MK II guitar amps also used a simple shorting switch. Any regular footswitch with a 1/4 plug on the end will work.

The B-100 MK III had a special footswitch with LED's and a switching logic so you'd need to get the specific switch for that amp.

jte

3. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Agree that any standard on-off footswitch should work -- this will control the Yamaha B100's distortion on/off -- at least on the first-generation B100 head that the last poster describes.