Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha Bass Starter Pack

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kiwlm, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Hi, I am from Malaysia, in South East Asia. Total beginner, touched a bass only once in the studio, currently practicing using accoustic guitar.

a few weeks ago, I was considering either Yamaha RBX170 or Ibanez GSR200. But one week back, I saw the new (at least in Malaysia) Yamaha Bass Starter Pack, which includes the Bass, amp, gig bag, strap, and tuner.

The bass included have only one pickup , and is only available in black color.

Just want to ask everyone's opinion about this pack, if you guys have seen/played it before!

Just for price comparison (taking US1=RM3.8)

RBX170 = USD198
    GSR200 = USD208
    Starter Pack = USD290 (on offer)
    USD329 (normal price)

p/s: the starter pack have the EBR070 printed on the pack, but I can't seem to find any information of the number on the net.

Thanks in advance!

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    In general I think starter packs like this are a great idea. You won't be able to jam with a drummer with that amp, but it will be a great practice amp for learning and getting used to the bass. Yamaha basses are great, even the lowest priced single pickup models.

3. I think the starter packs are excellent for beginners.

There are others besides the Yamaha though.

The Link below will take you to three more starter packs, look them over and then decide which is best for you!

http://www.all-bass-guitars.com/

[​IMG]
    Treena