Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pthump, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    A while ago everyone was talking about the new yamaha reissue BB basses, (the same kind the guy from no doubt plays). Anyone know where I can find these to buy online? I remember specifically there was an orange one.

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    At the current date, I looks like they are not available at very many online retailers. I just Googled the bass, and you can find the 5 string BB415 at Sam Ash for $450. Yeah, the Orange Metallic finish is a little bright for some, but it is very cool looking IMHO. I tried one out at out at our local dealer on a couple of occasions, and this is an excellent value. The workmanship and finish is excellent for this price point and the bass plays very nicely. If you're looking for a good PJ style 5 string bass at a budget price, this is it! It has a great P Bass slap tone, and very fat punchy fingerstyle tone.
    :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

I'd buy one just for the heck of it, if the girlfriend would let me - already got too many as far as she's concerned. :rollno: :scowl: :bag:

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Yamaha BB414

[​IMG]

4. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    yes! thats the exact bass... now, where can I find it!

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    see the 2nd post here in your thread? Sam Ash.

I checked on the BB414. $400 is a decent deal.

6. I bought one today - but at a local dealer