1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pthump, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    A while ago everyone was talking about the new yamaha reissue BB basses, (the same kind the guy from no doubt plays). Anyone know where I can find these to buy online? I remember specifically there was an orange one.

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    At the current date, I looks like they are not available at very many online retailers. I just Googled the bass, and you can find the 5 string BB415 at Sam Ash for $450. Yeah, the Orange Metallic finish is a little bright for some, but it is very cool looking IMHO. I tried one out at out at our local dealer on a couple of occasions, and this is an excellent value. The workmanship and finish is excellent for this price point and the bass plays very nicely. If you're looking for a good PJ style 5 string bass at a budget price, this is it! It has a great P Bass slap tone, and very fat punchy fingerstyle tone.
    :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

I'd buy one just for the heck of it, if the girlfriend would let me - already got too many as far as she's concerned. :rollno: :scowl: :bag:

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Yamaha BB414

BB414_Orange_Metallic_Main.

4. Pthump

Pthump

Nov 18, 2004
    yes! thats the exact bass... now, where can I find it!

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    see the 2nd post here in your thread? Sam Ash.

I checked on the BB414. $400 is a decent deal.

6. I bought one today - but at a local dealer