Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tjschuck, Sep 13, 2000.

1. What do you guys think of the Yamaha 5 strings? Please give any positive or negative feedback. I have yet to play one.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've got a DVD of Fourplay, and Nathan is playing a beautiful teal green/quilt Yamaha 5. It sounds fantastic, and looks even better. If anyone knows what this bass is, let me know, OK? It might be his signature BBEAST in a different color.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    If he is playing live, he plays the Yamaha BBEAST Signature model.
    In the studio, (I have heard) he plays Fodera's.
    :)

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Anyway, talking about Yamaha's.
    I personally dont like em. At least the BB-Non-fancy-signature models.
    I would prefeer a Carvin.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

On another recent thread, I mentioned the new TRB with piezos and through-neck. These are very nice - I played a 5-string in London recently. They look very nice - exotic wood combinations etc. £1500 though!

6. I play a Yamaha TRB5II, 35" scale. For me, it is 'butta'.

Mine has a growl that comes through whatever rig I play through.

For the price, I'm very happy with it.

Later.

7. Fitty

Fitty

Sep 12, 2000
    Well one of my basses is a Yamaha attitude5, a Bill Sheen model. For the prise it was worth it, the sound it is caper-ball of is mind-blowing. I have been able to play meany other Yamahas and I have come to find that most of the low range models are not worth the money (just like Fender and Ibanez for e.g), But There is a lot of nice Yamaha’s around.

This is probly not worth reading but if it helps.

8. Nathan East is playing BBEAST always but it might´ve been an old pic with him playing some older yamaha BB´s...

I play an Yamaha BB G5. It sound´s and looks great! but there are pretty crappy screws in it. I´ve had to change screws in both strap buttons and I´ve had to fix my tone button and stuff. but it´s a really nice bass! :)

well, at least I like it! :D

9. Thanks for your help guys. Now if I only had the cash...

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I still would like to hear if anyone KNOWS what that teal Yamaha is. I know he plays a BBEAST, and a big white six string. I haven't seen the teal one before.