1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Yamaha BB 404 Wine Red Bass Shipping Included

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bentley, Mar 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bentley

Bentley Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Canada
    Yamaha BB 404 4 string Bass. My scale has this at a light 7.6 pounds. 24 fret maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, two single coil pickups, Jazz style controls. Made in Taiwan.
    The $390 firm US dollar price includes shipping using Canada Post / USPS expedited parcel insured and tracked to your door within Canada and the continental United States. Alaska and Hawaii ship costs are about $10 higher so lets make the price $400 US Dollars to ship to those two states.

I have used this website for the year of build topic, indicates this bass was born July 17 2003 : https://www.yamaha.com/yamahaguitars/ElectricandBassGuitarSerialNumberSystems.pdf

The bass plays and sounds great. This 17 year old bass this has been babied.

Any questions are appreciated so message me. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. Iwreckinso

Iwreckinso

Feb 14, 2018
    What year is this?

3. Bentley

Bentley Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2008

vbroden and El Thumpo like this.
  4. Country of origin ?

5. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    The link confirms Japan.

gvbassman likes this.
  6. Thanks nice bass

7. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    I know, can't beat a MIJ Yamaha for that price.

gvbassman likes this.
  8. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    I'm confused. The link indicates this bass was made in Japan. However, doesn't the text on the back of the body say made in Taiwan?

iammr2 and negativeions24 like this.
  9. Treebeard

Treebeard

Jun 5, 2016
    Cary, NC
    Bear Light Symphony, TimepeaceNC Band
    Insanely high quality these basses.

Bentley likes this.
  10. Great body design!

11. avi

avi

Jun 14, 2017
    These are amazing! My main bass (in Natural). Put Aguilar's in it recently (Cost more than what I paid for the bass). Had replaced with EMG's originally but didn't like them in this bass. The OEM pickups aren't bad at all. The bass is very resonant and loud when not plugged in. Alder bodies and a great effortless feeling neck. I played one when they first came out on the day I traded my Kubicki Factor for a Warwick Thumb and couldn't believe this cheap low line bass sounded so good (Lowest in the NE line). When I had kids and sold my Warwick I sought mine out and have not been disappointed in the 10+ years I have owned it. I will never sell mine!

gvbassman likes this.
  12. PMd

13. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I had a BB605 - the 5 string version and it was my only bass for years. Amazing bass. Way under rated.

Bentley likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021