Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB1500A Availability

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zonk, Mar 25, 2002.

1. zonk

zonk

Sep 19, 2000
    Hey All,
    Maybe some of you can help me with this. I have been trying to locate the Yamaha BB1500A to give it a whirl and have not found it any where in this metropolis called Los Angeles. Yes, I can special order it... but then it is mine... no returning it if I don't like it. I have tried the popular mail order places and they don't have them. I 've even talked to Yamaha and they can't tell me which of their dealers have it in stock. What's up? They get a great review in Bass Player and they don't make them available. Does anyone know who stocks the BB1500A and what they are going for $$ ?

2. Zonk, I've found this to be a pretty standard thing when a new bass comes out. There are some ads to catch your attention, and then you can't find one to try for some time. I was dying to check out the Jack Casady bass, but, couldn't find anyone that had one in stock. I wound up checking one out in my living room after I bought it online without ever playing one, or even seeing one in real life. That gamble paid off. It doesn't always happen like this, but, more often than not. As for price, I'd say expect 20 - 25% off list for a brand new model, any more than that is gravy. If it doesn't sell, you can make a killing if you're in the right place at the right time.

Mike J.

3. zonk

zonk

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks Michael. The funny thing is that I talked to Yamaha and they said they have plenty of them in their warehouse in Long Beach, CA just 20 min. from where I live. Why wouldn't a dealer order the BB1500A seeing that it got a great review in Bass Player magazine? Maybe somone else can shed some more light on locating this bass.