1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB1500A - pickups and wiring

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spannung, Feb 18, 2008.

1. spannung

spannung

Feb 18, 2008
    Hello

Im a guy living in Sweden who has just bought a bass after having not played for 15 years. And in the quest for finding the real deal I found this forum. So I new here but it seems to be a good forum!

And now the question:
    On friday I received my new (used) bass. It is a Yamaha BB1500A which I bought for a reasonable sum but without owners manual/wiring diagram. There might however be reasons for this. When going through everything I noticed two things. The first was that 2 of controls wasnt wired at all. This can hardly be right?
    Secondly; the pickups has no covers. If Im not terribly mistaken then the pickups are supposed to have covers. And this makes me think that it is not the original pickups. Is there any way to test this?

Is there anyone here who knows about this? Im on the verge of sending it back and buying a BB414 instead, but I would like to know for sure before I do it.

Best,

Henning
    Trollhättan, Sweden

2. pictures would help.

maybe the previous owner felt that they wanted to omit the controls?