1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Yamaha BB1600 MIJ in white w/ gold. Sexy!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stingray56funk, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yamaha BB1600
    Made in Japan

The bass plays extremely well and sounds spectacular. Looking for a Japanese-era BB...this one is smokin' good! Frets are in great shape with plenty of life left in them. Hardware is in good shape. All original. The neck just feels right...less mass than a P bass neck and feels quite like a J bass neck. There are a few nicks in the headstock but there isn't much damage wise to the body. Good shape overall for a 25 year old bass.

I had this BB1600 and my old BB2000 and an '08 American P Bass. This BB1600 beat out the neck-through BB2000 and my really nice Am. P Bass. Sold both the BB2000 and the '08 Am. P Bass. Now I am exclusively playing my Fender Roscoe Beck V so this one has to go.

If you are a fan of the BB series or looking to get into the BB series...this one is for you! Comes with a cheapy gig bag, but the bass will be double boxed for shipping!

PRICE: $499 shipped in the USA.

DSCN0708.
    DSCN0709.
    DSCN0718.
    DSCN0717.

2. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    bump

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    any pics of the back and the bridge?

4. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I can post them later tonight. The back is spotless and the bridge is the bent plate type they used after the larger Yamaha scroll bridge. The bridge looks like a vintage Fender bridge, in other words, with string slots on the saddles and everything.

5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    this is a bolt on right?

6. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yes, bolt on.

I always liked the neck-through BBs and this one changed my mind about them. I absolutely love the more "traditional" tone of the bolt-on neck. This is a smokin' good bass.

7. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    new pics are added of the back

8. You have P.M.

H

9. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Haven't gotten it yet. :ninja:

10. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    he accidently sent it to me. you will hear from him when he logs back in, i'm sure!

i wish i had the extra cash for this one. we'll see if i can make something work.

11. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Sounds good...it'll be here. I played it at church this morning and man does it sound good through my TC rig. :bassist::D

12. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    PMed!

13. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Replied to

14. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    bump

15. stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I've decided to keep this one in the stable...she is too good to let go of. Seriously. Fine a few nice BB's and keep 'em. P Bass killers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.