1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha BB1600- original MIJ 1984

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fullcircle, Jan 17, 2012.

1. fullcircle

fullcircle Live your dreams

Jan 24, 2004
    Up for sale is a sweet 1984 Yamaha BB1600. These original MIJ BB-1600's were built to be top-notch pro basses and this one definitely is, IMO. It has some finish wear but is in quite nice condition considering it is nearly 30 years old (that is a reflection in the pic). It plays and sounds GREAT. 100% original. Hardware is pretty clean and the neck and frets are in great shape. Original hardshell case is included and it has some normal wear on the exterior but is very solid. Don't mistake this for the newer BB's. They really don't make 'em like this anymore and it is a lot of bass for the price- I would put this up against much more expensive basses.
    Selling for SOLD SOLD- that's my bottom line and a bargain for this bass. I will not ship outside of the Continental USA. Mainly looking to sell but a very nice fretless might be interesting as a trade. Trade value is definitely higher on this instrument.

IMG_1973.

2. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    550 only! whaaaaaaaaaaat?

3. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    These are GREAT recording basses. Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt was recorded with one of these babies.

4. Payment Sent :D