Yamaha BB2000 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nobody, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    I Just got an Used Yamaha BB2000 serial# KPI10151 and am wondering when it was made. Can anyone help me with this?

So far I love this bass! It sounds Awsome and is pretty versital. It is all original except for an active 2 band eq replacing the tone knob. It has an eq by pass switch to. The passive mode sounds so good I haven't used the eq that much. It's neck thru which I like. It's sunburst which is O.K. but I'd prefer a lighter color. Getting it refinished transparent white would be really cool so you could still see the walnut strips in the neck and body. I'm dreaming now! :D Seriously though the bridge and tuners are really solid but tarnished and I'll probably replace them with Hipshot tuners and a Badass2 bridge. The body is maple and vrey heavy but acousticly(sp?) it sounds sweet and the whole thing vibrates for days.

Any info or stories anyone has about these or similar BBs would be much appriciated.

The truss rod has nut on it. Is this normal? I haven't seen one like it before. The neck is straight and action is perfect so i'm not worried but maybe in the future.

Thanks again.
    OOD likes this.
  2. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    The bass you got is proabaly a late 80's or early 90's model. They are great basses if left stock, be careful with how much modding you do to it or it might lose its mojo. ;)

3. There's one for sale right now on ebay :hyper: :hyper:

I'm Gassing big time! I even put a thread out a couple of days ago on it. I bet it's AWESOME!
  4. Absolutely, my mid eighties BB3000S is totally original and staying that way. I even have it's original case, it's just fantastic as it is. They're becoming quite collectable now and hard to find in good original condition, I'd leave it alone.