Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yamaha BB2004 or 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassrx, Jul 7, 2004.

1. bassrx

bassrx

Jun 8, 2004
    RIVERSIDE, USA
    could anyone who has played them please describe the tonal quality?

Does it growl?
    Is it punchy?
    Is it muddy?
    does it have a warm sound?
    etc, etc...

also, what is your opinion of the NE-1 EQ that is supposedly built in?

thanks.

2. tomdabass

tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    I was also trying to find out some review about these basses, but it seems that only a few people have played them. These are great basses I thing (if you look at the specs!). I know that Nick Fyffe (Jamiroquai´s bassist) played one.
    The best way is to order one and to send it back if you don´t like it, but you should contact your dealer first!

3. bassrx

bassrx

Jun 8, 2004
    RIVERSIDE, USA
    that's exactly what i am going to do.

since the reviews are just so few, i just special orded one last week. i should be getting it in another 2 weeks, hopefully. and if i don't like it, i'll return it.

none of the dealers that i have contacted in my area carry it. but the specs look good, so i am taking a chance, as i trust in yamaha quality.

paid $1,250 out the door. it was the best price i could get.

4. tomdabass

tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    Yeah! Tell me then about it, because I can´t afoord one at the moment. I´ll have do do some more gigs in between. But the specs are really good. And if the sound is really so bad, which i do not believe, you can still change the pickups and replace them with Bartolini´s!!

5. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    i have been searching this forum for info about the bb604, the bolt-on and jazz pup brother of the bb2004. apparently, everyone love the preamp but not the pickups. not sure if this will heklp you though.

6. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    bump