1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB2005 eating batteries. Need help! Pics & diagram included

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by goran, May 23, 2012.

1. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    Ok, so my new (to me) Yamaha drains batteries, one each 2 weeks. Active basses aren't new to me, I've had a few of them so far and I know this can't be normal. I always unplug it when I'm not playing. Now I even have to take the battery out. :mad:

I contacted Yamaha support and they responded in 3 hours. A big plus for them! This is the diagram they sent:
    [​IMG]

The diagram is actually for Yamaha RBX374/375, but they though it could relate to my bass.

Anyway, I took 2 pictures of wiring inside of my bass:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see that the middle pin (middle on the diagram, left on my photos) isn't connected to the wire that goes to the master volume. Is this the problem?

Thank you,
    Goran

2. Lovely Rital

Lovely Rital

Nov 19, 2006
    Here are the circuit diagram and the wiring of the BB2005.

Attached Files:

3. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    Thank you for the diagrams! From what I see, I was right, that pin is supposed to be connected to the wire that goes to the master volume.

My knowledge in electronics is very limited - is this why it is draining batteries?

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yeah, it never goes off the way you have it wired.