1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by elpezpr, Feb 27, 2008.

1. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    Hi. I own a Yamaha BB300. The truss rod is dead. The guy that sets up my intruments told me it would not adjust. I am wondering if a Warmoth P neck will fit this bass. Has anyone done it?

Thanks

2. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    No, the Yamaha BB series uses completely different neck joints and bolt patterns. Sorry.

3. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    So I would need a custom job...... or a new P...

4. ChemicalFire

ChemicalFire

Dec 10, 2007
    If it's really gone, perhaps it's time to look for a new bass?

5. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    I had 2 guys that set up instruments tell me the same thing. The thing is I am used to this bass and i love the sound and string response(if that makes sense). I am considering having someone rebuild the neck. Even if it costs more that a new one.

6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Price out a truss rod repair/replacement.

Also look around for a used BB300 or BB400 you can probably find one for a good price. It might be cheaper and it will retain the feel you are used to.

7. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    maybe washers will get a few more turns out of the truss rod? (i'm sure someone more experienced than myself will be able to go into greater depth on this)