1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD YAMAHA BB3000-AF Fretless Neck-Thru 4 - 1990 Vintage - $650

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Note: please post all questions, inquiries, etc on this "megathread": http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5513624

Got this fantastic Yamaha BB3000AF fretless 4 (unlined rosewood board). PJ pickups, active tone controls, sweet mwahhhh. Very hard to find these days and they keep climbing in value. Metallic Charcoal gray finish, excellent condition besides some normal tarnish on the gold hardware and some paint chip on the edges.

Selling for $550 shipped in the US w/gig bag. International shipping is no problem, just PM for a ship quote.

Similar basses have gone for over $700 on the 'bay (like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-YAMAHA-BB3000s-FretLess-Bass-Guitar-BB-3000S_W0QQitemZ280199573770QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Pics (sorry for the quality...took them in bad lighting)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Wow I never knew that they were worth this much now!

Thanks to your FS thread I probably won't sell mine now.

Here's a pic of a red one to give TBers an idea of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

Good luck with the sale :hyper:

3. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yours is in WAY nicer condition than mine, so you should be able to get even more. But mine has MOJO. :)

Thanks for the bump!

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump for a great bass (I have the exact same model - dig the really interesting bridge), and for a great seller!

5. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Why'd the jack move from the side to the front?

6. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    The previous owner liked the jack on the top (using a 90* angle jack). Felt it was more secure. I can put the jack back in the side and cap off the top if you like.

7. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I really want a BB3000 fretted. If you know someone who wants to get rid of one, let me know. Thanks for posting those pics.
    Thanks,
    Todd

8. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
  9. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    I remember these basses well from my days at Sam Ash in the late 80's. They were killers. Great tone and playability. That is a great price for a vintage Bass from Japan. Someone jump on this before I lose my willpower ! ! !

10. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
  11. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Do you guys know what type of tuners were used on those old BB3000's, and where could I get a set that matches the drill holes of the originals?

12. accutone

accutone

Sep 10, 2006
    SF CA
    Those look like schallers from that era. I have a set, but in chrome (not the gold) if your interested. :)

13. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Bump before the 'bay

14. Dasgre0g

Dasgre0g The Jaguar Whisperer Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Austin
    what's sad is I sold my bb5000 like 6 years back for around 250 dollars. Hell, that was the MOST i could get for it hah
    If only I had known...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.