Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

YAMAHA BB3000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Dec 23, 2003.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Can anyone tell me how i can get hold of the amazing Yamaha BB3000 Japan Neck-thru basses (Not the MA Model) These basses are just great but u just can't get them in Europe or the U.S. For that matter. I e-mailed Yamaha about ordering one but got no reply. Any Idea's? I always check Ebay but i never see this model come up. Any Stores that specializes in The Yamaha BB3000 (In the UK/Europe or U.S.) I am based in the U.K.

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/yamaha-eg/bb-3000.htm

2. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Perhaps e-mail that japanese dealer, see if you can get some service in English, besides that i don't know.

3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    They were made in the 80's hence they are long discontinued.

You can get them used at http://www.ishibashi-music.com/index.html

Click on USED ITEM and do a search on "BB3000". Let me know if that helps.

4. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Oh yeah I forgot to add that they ship worldwide and they are a pleasure to deal with, just ask any of the guys here who have bought stuff through them.

5. That's what I thought as well. Then I visited Yamaha's japanese site, and found this: http://www.yamaha.co.jp/gateway/goods/0000000193/0000000193_D1.html. Seems like the BB 3000:s, along with a bolt on version called BB X, are still being made, for the Japanese market.
    So, it might be possible to buy a new one from Ishibashi. I've been playing with the thought myself.

6. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    No sh..
    I've been praying(yes praying!) for Yamaha to reissue the old Yamaha BB3000s. Looks like my prayers have been answered. Thanks for the heads up.

7. Cool. If you order one from Ishibashi, please tell me all about it. If it will turn out to be a pleasurable experience, there might be a BB X by my side in the future...
    (I just wish there were more colour options. I'd love a white one. Very eighties.)

8. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Yeah, I'd take a white one any day. Rafael Saadiq uses a white BB3000s. I think he had it custom made(I could be wrong).

9. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I got Saadiq confused with Preston Crump. My apologies.

10. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think Tony Kinal from No Doubt plays/played this model as well. I think his bass sounds awsome. I wouldn't mind gettin a hold of one either.

11. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Well the price for the Yamaha BB-X Would be 96000 yen . The Bolt on model of the BB3000 looks very nice. Still to hear how much the BB3000 Neck through model will be.

Not Sure of shipping and what extra duties i would have to pay for bringing the bass into the UK.

Will keep u posted.

12. Yamaha's site (follow link above) says 200 000 yen for the BB3000, and 120 000 for the BB X. Street prices may, of course, be lower.

13. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    The prices halftooth listed are quoted by Ishibashi Music.

14. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Tony Kanal still uses them. I remember watching video footages of No Doubt while they're in the studio, making the Rocksteady album and there was this bit where Tony was using his Stingray and the producer went "No no..that's not it"

Tony unplugged his Stingray and said he'll get his BB and when he plugged it in and played it the producer went "Ahhh yes!"

:D

15. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    BB-X

[​IMG]

16. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    BB3000

[​IMG]

17. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
  18. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    does anyone know anymore about this topic? i've spent the past half hour translating pages from ishibashi about ordering a bb3000 or bbx, if there isn't that much of a difference. but does anyone have a review of the bbx?
    hmm, i don't know what i'm asking for, just more life in this thread :)
    -kyle