1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB3000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ModulusQ5-122, May 14, 2011.

1. Hello TB, i was surfing craigslist and found this fretless yamaha BB3000. I dont know much about them but from the research that i have done they seem to be kind of rare and this one seems to be a good price. He says its from the mid 80's, here is the link and let me know if its worth the $200 he's asking for it. It seems like a kool bass. Fretless Bass BB3000

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Buy it right now! That was a top of the line bass back in the Eighties; $200 is giving it away!:bassist:

3. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    Yeah, that's a great price--someone in my area was selling one for more than twice that, and it was still a really good deal.

4. arsie

arsie

Jan 19, 2011
    Singapore
    Hahaha, yeah, before someone else on TalkBass does.

You can just about get a used BB414 for $200, right?

5. Ok well either he sold it in lightning speed or he realized what he had because i cant find the post anymore and he is not responding to anyh of my emails.

6. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    It was probably snagged right after he submitted it for that price.

7. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Snap! That was a fantastic price on a BB3000! Oh well...keep watching for one, the early MIJ BB's are worth every penny.

8. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I paid $500 for my 86 BB5000 and thought I did very well...

9. Is this bass worth $300? because thats what he reposted it at. I would probably flip it being that i dont play fretless. How much is it worth?

10. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Depending on condition and time of sale, you could get anywhere between 450-650 (my estimate) on eBay if you were to flip it. If it isn't shot to hades and back then it is definitely worth the asking price of $300. Go offer him $250 since he originally listed it at $200.