Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB3000A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Dec 23, 2001.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Hi,
    I've got an opportunity to pick up a Yamaha BB3000A in mint condition, at least according to the seller, for $425.
    I know these basses have a good reputation and were pretty popular in the 80's, but I haven't played one....Any comments about this particular model?

Thanks

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    We just had a thread on this. Look on thread page 2/3.

3. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    That sounds like a very good deal on a great bass. The Yamaha BB series in the 80's were excellent sounding and playing basses.

4. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    "We just had a thread on this. Look on thread page 2/3."

I followed that thread before I put my question up. The discussion was actually about the passive version, with most replies about the less than perfect electronics, and actually ended up being a bolt-on BB1600.
    I was interested in comments about the neck-through BB3000A, with active electronics.

Thanks

5. The comments from players were about the neckthrough BB3000, so they apply (playability, hardware, etc). Even my comments about the passive p/up's may be of interest.

I've never played the active 3000, but if they follow the form of the earlier BBs, they have the same pickups as the passive model with a preamp. I just did a google search, found a picture and it looks like that is the case. Good luck.

6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I believe I just purchased the bass you guys are discussing... Hope I didn't yank the rug out from under anybody.

7. albass69

albass69

Dec 20, 2010
    acapulco
    I OWN THE ACTIVE VERSION AND I LOVE IT, NOT HAPPY WITH THE NECK PICK IP,IT LACKS OF PRESENCE BRIDGE PICKUP SOUNDS SO NICE AND SWEET