Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yamaha BB3000A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by "J", Feb 3, 2002.

1. "J"

"J"

Feb 1, 2002
    Can anyone tell me how good these basses are,and what are the plus and minus issues?thanks.:rolleyes:

2. Yamaha is Japanese for " quality " ;)

3. I used to have a cherry sunburst model witha hipshot, and is the one I wish I hadn't sold. It played and sounded as good as any bass I have or had. Everybody had one then. Yamaha has a new BB3000MA Michael Anthony version just released. Haven't played one yet, but Yamaha basses, especially higher end match up against anything out there.

4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    IME, AllodoX, that's true.

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    AllodoX & John

I would normally agree with you. But you Need to know what a Yamaha BB3000A is before bashing them. They are built anymore and are NOT anything like your normal Yamaha's today. As is the Ibanes 1300 series which aren't built anymore. Both are one of the best if not the best basses built by these two company's.

I'm strictly and HIGH-END guy and these are both basses I don't mind buying and do buy used!!

The Yamaha BB3000A is a great bass and most would be suprised who all has played and still plays these basses. Just a few nights ago I saw NO DOUBT doing a live performance and why he was playing a YAMAHA BB3000 series bass !!! Why I thought he had quit playing them and was endorsed by Musicman

:eek: :D

6. Yamaha just kicks butt, admit it :D