Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB414/416

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Mar 16, 2005.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Anyone played the reissue Yamaha BB414 or the 416 (Active) these basses look really nice and they carry a very cheap price tag!!! Anyone know if the bolt on necks are finished on the back? What is the nudth width? anyone got any photo's apart from the ones shown on the yamaha website?

2. AGF

AGF Guest

Mar 10, 2005
    India
  3. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    These basses are amazing for the dough. I am really shocked by how good the active fiver I played was.

To answer your questions:

Back of neck is satin finish over maple (no paint).
    Nut width?

Best B string under 1500. Gives the Ray5 a run for its money. The preamp in this example was also well voiced and musical. Very effective.

4. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    I have the BB1000MA from a couple of years ago which is now the BB414 with a few minor chages, and it is one of my favorite instruments to play. I sometimes enjoy it more than my Dingwall Afterburner. The sound and construction can't be touched within this price range. Although I guess it depends on the sound you are after and what you play through. :cool: But this is pretty typical with Yamaha instruments. Amazing value.

5. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    So has anyone played them new reissue Yamaha BBs yet? I'm getting serious GAS for one to use as a backup bass, I love the round body shape and the horns.

6. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
  7. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    What's the string spacing on the BB415/615? Is it a true 3"?