1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB414/614's... heavy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b15fliptop, Jun 19, 2007.

1. b15fliptop

b15fliptop

Feb 17, 2004
    Florida
    I've been thinking about grabbing one of these based on my fond memories of this series from the 80s. Yeah I'm old, so what? :)

Anyhoo.... I'm wondering if current owners could give me some feedback on the weight of these. They have pretty big bodies, so I'm wondering if that translates to heavy? As I recall the 80s ones were actually surprisingly light. Please tell me that that's the case with these.

2. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I had a bb615 and it was a very good bass for the price. I would characterize it as a little on the heavy side but not excessively so, maybe around 10lbs. My parts jazz bass is heavier.

3. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Canada
    I didn't think the BB414 was heavy. Solid but not heavy. Mine was around 8.5 lbs.

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I have the BB414, and it's certainly not as heavy as my MIA P-bass. The Yamaha is substantial, sure, but I wouldn't call it heavy.

5. Machines

Machines

Dec 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    Moderator: basschat.co.uk
    My 614 wasn't that heavy either.

6. b15fliptop

b15fliptop

Feb 17, 2004
    Florida
    Cool! Thanks everyone!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021