1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Yamaha BB414

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BobWestbrook, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Many of you are familiar with this model, and the rave reviews it often receives from the folks here. It's been my main church-gigging bass for awhile, and has served me well.

This one has been modified by the previous owner; in my opinion, an improvement. There is no switch, and the knobs now are configured, from top to bottom, for the two pickups and then tone control. The latter is a wee bit scratchy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it's gorgeous. There are a few minor surface imperfections here and there, what you would expect from a used bass.

I installed Dunlop straplocks, and will include the strap as well.

It's got Fender tapewound strings on it now, you may or may not like them.

I'm gonna buy a new Musician's Friend gig bag to ship it in. So if you buy it immediately, you'll have to wait till I receive that before I ship.

$320 shipped is the firm price, with an additional $15 shipping cost if you are on the west coast of the US. No foreign sales (and yes, Canada is a foreign country) :)

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    $320 shipped is the firm price, with an additional $15 shipping cost if you are on the west coast of the US. No foreign sales (and yes, Canada is a foreign country) :)[/QUOTE]

Whats the deal with no shipping to Canda? if the customer wants to pay the shipping then what's the difference?

I see this a lot and never really understand why so many sellers won't ship to Canada. There are a lot of gear whore's up hear who's options are limited when it comes to aquiring good quality gear! :meh:

3. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    I suppose any seller has the right to specify where he will or will not ship. :)

4. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Price drop to $299 shipped!

5. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Looks like a buyer's market - another price drop to $280 shipped (plus $15 if in western US)

6. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    bump

7. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
  8. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    It's gorgeous and really tempting. Drop me an e-mail at kraigo-nospam at bitstream.net. Kill the "-nospam" and use the @, of course. Sorry for any confusion caused by my primitive spam prevention methods. I may be a taker

KO

9. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Thanks for the interest, but now I've listed it on Ebay, so I won't be taking direct sales here - I'll let the listing run it's course, and if it does not hit my reserve, then I'll get back to you after the listing has ended.

10. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Reasonable enough. I'm watching it.

KO

11. I would think that shipping to Canada requires extra paperwork, declaring a value, customs duties, etc. Just because it's next door doesn't mean it's not a foreign country. I've shipped overseas several times; twice the items got held up in Customs through no fault of my own. I did suffer the anxiety, though, of being pretty much helpless in getting the items to their new owners.

Of course, you Canadians could get together and agree to become a part of the US - that would solve your problem. We might be ready to accept a few more states now - haven't had any new ones since '59. Alaska's kind of lonely up there all by itself. Except Quebec - we wouldn't want Quebec. You Francais guys can just go off on your own, thank you... :wink:

12. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    " I would think that shipping to Canada requires extra paperwork, declaring a value, customs duties, etc. Just because it's next door doesn't mean it's not a foreign country. Of course, you Canadians could get together and agree to become a part of the US - that would solve your problem. We might be ready to accept a few more states now - haven't had any new ones since '59. Alaska's kind of lonely up there all by itself. Except Quebec - we wouldn't want Quebec. You Francais guys can just go off on your own, thank you... :wink:"

Hmmm....interesting, and insulting comments. First of all you are dead wrong about shipping to Canada. One small customs declaration to complete and then it's out of your hands. That said, if you don't want to ship here then you don't. As far as Canada joining the States? Thanks but no thanks. By the way, I live in Quebec and I am really glad
    you wouldn't want us. Thanks again for your kind words.

13. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Oops - didn't mean to start an international incident. :)

We do love our bass-playing brothers to the north. :)

14. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    No worries Bob. Feeling is mutual. Great looking bass by the way!

15. BassIsBoss

BassIsBoss

Jun 25, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Quebec...a beautiful province and home to Montreal, one of the world's great cosmopolitan cities. Peace...and I second the emotion to a very purdy Yammy bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.