1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Yamaha BB415 - 5 String Bass - Red - Price Drop - Now $275

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Morfman6, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Price:
    275Shpd
    Strings:
    Yamaha BB415 5-String in very good condition. This bass plays and sounds great, really!. The pass P/J combination with toggle switch sounds great, with a very hot signal. 9.5 on the bathroom scale. These Yamahas are crazy under rated, as players and a great deal.

Modifications:
    Dunlop Straplocks
    Red Knobs
    Fingerboard Edges Slightly Rolled Over
    (*the Yamahas have a pretty sharp fingerboard edge. Rolling the edges, IMO makes feels more natural, comfortable, and vintage*)

Why am I selling if it is so good? I am selling off my BB collection as I am more comfortable with 19mm spacing. I have 2 other 415s posted for sale here as well (see pics) . I have kept them at my various project's rehearsal spaces. I am going down to one performing project here shortly and just dont have the space for 4 additional basses (yes 4, an additional BB will be posted soon).

$300 Shipped CONUS via PayPal.

image. image. image. image. image.

2. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Still available? What's the weight?

3. Still available. 9.5 on the bathroom scale.

4. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Oh, sorry ... I didn't read carefully. You already indicated the weight.
    So is 19mm wider or narrower than the BBs?

5. Middle of the week hump bump.

6. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Wonderful smaller fretwire size on these. Not as tiny as Lakland wire, but smaller than the usual med. jumbo.

About equivalent to the smallest wire that Warmoth sells (6230). Great necks overall in general. I have a 414 that gets played more often than my early 80's BB's when I need a 4 string.

I like this earlier generation better than the 424's and 425's that followed (the ones with the laminated necks and mahogany stringers).

There is a lot of variety available in the sound of these pickups based on what capacitor you put in the wiring harness.

7. Thanks Low Main!

Tax day bump!

8. We could chat about a 3 Yamaha BB for 1 trade bump.

9. Crazy pollen bump.

10. Gibson EB5 trade interest bump - See my other 2 Yammys' for sale.

11. Price drop bump.

Up the dose likes this.