No longer available Yamaha BB434M w/ Aesthetic Mods

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ikonz1122, Sep 15, 2021.

1. ikonz1122

ikonz1122 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I have an excellent condition Yamaha B434m (M= maple board) 4 string bass for sale. These basses, in my opinion, are THE best bang for your buck on a budget range bass. Build quality is amazing, and it plays and sounds like a baddy.

You’ll notice that this one is different than the retail version. I have taken it upon myself to remove the factory headstock finish to have a full maple neck with a maple headstock. This was done by progressive sanding and finishing with Tung oil. It’s not a professional job by any means, but it looks really good considering the time and effort it took.

Everything is stock on this bass with the exception of the black pickguard, which is a genuine replacement (the bass came with a cream one stock.) I’ll include the cream colored one for the buyer. The pickups are a Yamaha in-house PJ set, and they sound pretty dang good. Controls are VVT. 6 bolt neck and string-thru-body option. Frets edges are excellent and the neck has a nice satin feel. About 9lbs on the weight. Fresh set of strings and a really nice medium-low action setup (5/64” string height at the 12th fret).

Only flaws are light scratches in the gloss, and a few scratches above the nut. The Yamaha logo pendant is also a little marred on the side from removal, but it’s not noticeable unless you’re looking for it.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this instrument, and I’m having a mental battle with myself even posting it on here. Everything feels and looks premium on this bass. Looks like a classic black/black/maple instrument, which is my favorite, hence the aesthetic mods. It’s been one of my favorites to play, but I’m settling in on a new 5 string bass I just got and I’m likely not going to play this one anymore.

$500 via PayPal, shipped CONUS only. Not interested in a trade. I’ll pack it well with an inexpensive gig bag. Feel free to PM with questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  2. filler83

filler83

Jan 5, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Looks great! That’s how they should’ve done the headstock from the factory!

3. ikonz1122

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    100% agree

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

I agree too - painted headstocks on maple necks always looked weird to me. Nice work, and GLWTS.

ikonz1122 and filler83 like this.
  5. MPSGODOY

MPSGODOY

May 18, 2009
    Brazil
    Looks clean! Nice Z too!

ikonz1122 likes this.
  6. ikonz1122

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    Thanks and thanks!!!

MPSGODOY likes this.
  7. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Ocala, FL
    Fricken' beautiful! GLWTS!

ikonz1122 likes this.
  8. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    I really like being able to see the stringers on the front headstock

Bitterdale and ikonz1122 like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021