1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB435 5-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CereBassum, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I think this is a new model - looks interesting.Strings through body option, 34 inch scale but they extended the B string down in the bridge, P/J style pups.

6-bolt Miter Neck Joint
    Five-piece Neck
    Convertible Bridge for Precise Tone Shaping: Vintage Plus Light Bridge
    The Yamaha BB435 is equipped with a Vintage Plus Light bridge that incorporates "Diagonal Body Thru Stringing," in which the strings are angled at the saddle and pass through the instrument to the bridge at a 45 angle, as opposed to the traditional vertical stringing method which places more stress on the strings. Diagonal Body Thru Stringing significantly reduces this stress while transferring string vibration to the body reliably and efficiently. The strings can also be attached to the tail end of the bridge. In 5-string models the bridge is equipped with an offset low B string.

Price is right, Yamaha has made some good basses in their time.

Yamaha BB435 5-string - Black $549.99
    https://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMBB435?siid=229481

BB435-Black-b77c33271dac08219f967d05d92e5824.

Anybody played it? Know more about it? I'm kinda gassing for it at the moment - half the price of a Lakland Vintage JB 5.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    If you search here under BB new series, you'll get a lot of feedback on this.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    It's a good looking bass and a lot of instrument for the money.

CereBassum likes this.
  4. Sure looks that way...

5. I saw you were gassing for one - ever get it? From what I read up there, I'd rather go with the 435 - I don't like hot basses at all.

Nunovsky likes this.
  6. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I definetly want to get a BB735 but I have other basses that come first on my list right now. I have a BB1024X that is an amazing bass and I had a 424x before this of, so I can say that these basses are really great basses for the price. You won't go wrong with one of these for sure. I've seen some demos that sound awesome.
    Just check this video.

Jakeman92 likes this.