Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB450

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sjleland, Jan 26, 2006.

1. sjleland

sjleland

Nov 12, 2005
    Just closed a deal on a Yammy BB450 and I'm picking it up sunday. The owner is a friend of mine and he hates the thing (those weird guitar players:rolleyes: ) and mainly plays his old EB-0 (and rarely) so I offered to buy the BB off of him. Its metallic orange, everything original, and since he's never used it its around 25 years old and its probably been used a total of 2 hours. I wouldn't be surprised if those were the stock strings. I got it $300 with case. Pic when I get it. (I'm exited):D

Until then......discuss.

PS- Kind of a side note, my friend makes some damn good nachos, I joked and said I'd pay 301 and get some nachos with the bass and case....whadaya think? ;)

2. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    You'd pay close to $300 to get some nachos at a football game, so that sounds like a great deal!

3. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

4. sjleland

sjleland

Nov 12, 2005
  5. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Cool -

I have a "vintage" Yamaha of my own being delivered -- a 1977 model.

I should have it tomorrow and I'll post pics.

6. OOOHHHH what is it?

7. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    OLD THREAD but i need advice here, i got a squier classic vibe 60's P bass i modded and have about 260$ into, i am just not feeling it anymore and can trade it for one of these in black it has some scratches/dings but is a good player , new strings and was refreted right.

to trade or not to trade.

Basically would you buy one for these with some wear and tear and new frets for 260$?

8. Charlzm

Charlzm

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Zombie thread, back from the dead!

I used to have an orange BB450 and I thought it was a good-playing, good-sounding instrument at the time (mid 1980's). I sold it in the late 80's as part of a never-ending gear churn.

I got a chance to play another one in the early 2000's and was amazed with how bad the neck felt and how many bad sounds I could get out of it without getting anything good.

So... question for SJLeland:

Was my memory kind or was I just too inexperienced at the time to know good from bad? How do you like this bass?

9. I've been using these basses for twenty years. Great sound and great value. Every time I bring it in for a set up the guitar shop owner gushes about how they are excellent basses.