Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB5000 fretless $400

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BenYBass, Oct 25, 2002.

1. BenYBass

BenYBass

Oct 7, 2002
    Toronto
    I just bought this bass from Peter one week ago but I got a very good deal on a fretless 55-02 so I have to let it go. This is a great bass and plays incredibly well. Bass includes OHSC. Buyer pays for shipping/packing. Here is a description of the bass from Peter's post:

'80s Yamaha BB5000. This bass has been professionally defretted and the rosewood fingerboard has been leveled very nicely--it's got the mwah and no wear whatsoever. Passive P/J electronics setup.

The bass is once again factory off-white, but was once painted primer gray (I'm sure it bore some godawful 1980s poodle-metal spray job at some point). A previous owner did an excellent job of sanding it down to the original finish, and the only spots where he went through to the wood are on the edges of the headstock.

This bass is an ideal 5-string fretless for someone with small hands: the neck and string spacing are very narrow. The neck profile is a classic shallow C, very reminiscent of a Jazz. If you've got careful technique, you can really shred on this thing.
    The tone is really quite excellent; if you're looking for the classic Sting fretless P sound, it's got it. The soloed bridge pickup sounds absolutely massive down low and simply sings in the upper register. Both pickups together get a sort of Tony Levin-meets-PMG-era-Mark Egan vibe that would work very well for a lot of styles.

Pics:http://members14.clubphoto.com/ben630886/970913/owner-977d.phtml

2. BenYBass

BenYBass

Oct 7, 2002
    Toronto
    bump..