SOLD Yamaha BB5000A five-string, wide spacing

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by interp, Jan 21, 2018.

1. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    EUR
    Strings:
    My Location:
    Germany
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    Rare Yamaha BB5000A five string with wide string spacing. This classic BB-series bass from the early 90's, upgraded to cover a wide sonic spectrum, is becoming very difficult to find.

34" scale, 24 frets, Macassar ebony fingerboard, five-piece neck through. Upgrades include Delano dual coil pickups, Mike Pope Flexcore 18V preamp (2.2stk), Hipshot Ultralite lollipop tuners (original Yamaha tuners will be included if desired), custom pickguard, and two sets of control knobs—one in black metal and the other custom cocobolo. Comes with good quality hard shell case.

This bass feels and plays like a dream—low action and an incredibly wide tonal palette. It has a few light scratches and small dings from years of use, and a gouge out of the lower bout near the control cavity (see photos) but nothing that interferes with playability at all. Weight is about 4.4 kg.

PayPal preferred, bank transfer also possible. Price includes shipping and insurance to anywhere in EU or CONUS. Bass can be tested in the Munich area if desired.

Thanks for looking. Glad to answer any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Liam Wald and MattB88 like this.
  2. MattB88

MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: LowEnd basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    How is the pick guard installed? Two sided tape?

3. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Believe it or not it is held in by friction. The custom pickguard is cut very precisely around the pickups and it just pops into place. It will stay there as long as you don’t turn the bass completely upside down. Even then it’s just a matter of turning the bass right side up and putting the pickguard back in place.

Double sided tape could be used, but I have avoided that as I needed to remove and replace the guard a lot while installing the new pickups and electronics.

4. MattB88

MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: LowEnd basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    Consider it sold when you get back to my PM :thumbsup: