1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha BB604 - opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by goat, Jan 19, 2003.

1. goat

goat

Jan 18, 2003
    Bournemouth, England
    Hi all. I'm very close to ordering a new bass for my birthday (next weekend)

I tried the BB604 out in a shop briefly today - and I really liked it.

It was a natural satin colour with gold hardware and active pick-ups - which gave a really bright funky sound. It was really light (compaired to my current Encore P-bass) too.

I also really liked the thin neck on it, and the frets were slightly smaller (I have smallish hands)

I've read a couple reviews on the 'net which suggest good things, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it? And if it is worth going for over the low-end Fender Jazz and Ibanez Soundgear.

I was planning on getting a MIM Jazz, but cannot find anywhere local that has one (I was going to order off the 'net)

So how would you rate this bass in your experience? It was £300 in the shop, but I've seen it cheaper online. The MIM Jazz is about £360 online.

I play Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus kinda stuff. I'll be playing through the Trace Elliot 150 watt 15" combo.

Many thanks,