Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB604 - opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by goat, Jan 19, 2003.

1. goat

goat

Jan 18, 2003
    Bournemouth, England
    Hi all. I'm very close to ordering a new bass for my birthday (next weekend)

I tried the BB604 out in a shop briefly today - and I really liked it.

It was a natural satin colour with gold hardware and active pick-ups - which gave a really bright funky sound. It was really light (compaired to my current Encore P-bass) too.

I also really liked the thin neck on it, and the frets were slightly smaller (I have smallish hands)

I've read a couple reviews on the 'net which suggest good things, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it? And if it is worth going for over the low-end Fender Jazz and Ibanez Soundgear.

I was planning on getting a MIM Jazz, but cannot find anywhere local that has one (I was going to order off the 'net)

So how would you rate this bass in your experience? It was £300 in the shop, but I've seen it cheaper online. The MIM Jazz is about £360 online.

I play Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus kinda stuff. I'll be playing through the Trace Elliot 150 watt 15" combo.

Many thanks,