1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BB604 / TRB1004

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RO13, Oct 14, 2006.

1. RO13

RO13

Oct 7, 2005
    Guys, fantastic forum!

This is my very first post, and I was hoping you could help me with some feedback on the Yamaha BB604. I have read good things about this bass on most sites I’ve visited.

However, I’m keen to know from current owners/players of Yamaha basses:
    - Are there any negative issues that I should be aware of before purchasing the BB604 bass?
    - Does the extra price justify the purchase of a TRB1004 instead?

Thanks in advance for your advice. Much appreciated.

Rob

2. People tend to rave on the BB604. I played one and was quit impressed. It all comes down to what pickup combination you are looking for.

3. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    I had a BB604 for a couple years, and very much regret selling it. Awesome value.

It had a wide variety of sounds, and the always great Yamaha neck and build.

The real secret is the Nathan East EQ. The most useful tone shaping feature out there. Highly underrated.

I often thought that with a pickup upgrade, which it didn't really even need, say to a set of Dimarzio Jazz pickups, it would be quite possibly the best bang for buck bass ever.