Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB604

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jonki, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    in my earlier thread, i promised my self to buy a Peavey Fury Quilt Top 4, but the price are too high here in Norway. I've done some researching, and i feel into Yamaha BB604, the finish are nice, it has a lot of features (midcut controls and so on) and the price are fair. but what about the sound of this bass? someone who has experience with this bass?
    best regards Jonki

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Expect a bass that has excellent construction, but maybe a slightly thin sound. The best thing about Yamahas is they will satisfy you for a while, and then they are excellent project basses that you can pop in any pickups and preamps that you want, and you will have a true pro quality bass.

I always has trouble with mine with RF noise, and humbuckers that didn't buck much hum, but not anymore.

3. Jonki

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    i loved to have a sample of the bass, but with the bass knob you can get a thick sound without sounding like a spacerocket? yamaha bb604 hears like a good choice. other recommendents(same priceclass as bb604)? its very important for me that i can do so much researching as possible before new year. im desperate! im tired of my low end bass
    best regard Jonki :)

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Don't count on the EQ doing much for you. The Treble knob is nothing more than an "add hiss" knob. I don't know about the mids, My yamaha didn't have a mid control. your bst bet is to leave the EQ flat and get an external EQ. I used a fishman pro-EQ for a long time before I decided to go with a good quality direct box and use the EQ on the mixing board.

Don't get me wrong, I like yamahas, it's just their electronics are not the best.

:meh:

5. Jonki

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    can you recommend a bass with thick sound and with a fair price?Dean Egde Q4 looks cool