Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB604

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CandleWaltz, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Hello together, i want to ask what you are thinking about the Yamaha BB604 Bass? Is it good for Metal (older metallica, pantera, sepultura, anthrax, opeth,...) and does it make good sounds? Or is another bass better?
    Thx, CandleWaltz
    Yamaha BB604
    Sorry for my terrible english, i'm from germany ;)

2. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    I think you're looking for a P-bass or a humbucker bass. Take a look at the OLP instruments. They're in the same price range. I'd rather use a P or a 1 or 2 humbucker bass for the style of music you mentionned.

3. But in a German Forum the members said that the bass is very good for the music and the best bass about 400$/€.

4. can nobody help me by my decission?

5. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I recently purchased a bb404 off of Musicians Friend for $190, and I think it's a fantastic value. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of the instrument, and the tuners/bridge/pickups are quality components, especially at this price point. Have you tried playing one in a store? What did you like about it?

No need to bump your thread so often, you can't expect a reply every 15 minutes even though this is a busy forum.

6. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    BB604 is my main axe.

I have been constantly impressed with the value for money of this bass. It's done everything i've asked of it so far, playing most styles and covering a relative sound quite well.

Construction is wonderful, no problems with it what so ever.

Granted, it is not the best bass in the world, but very versatile indeed due to a very good preamp.

I say go for it.

7. OK, thx. I will buy me the bass tomorrow :hyper: .

8. Sorry for so many posts, but i saw this bass now.
    Epiphone Embassy
    What are you thinking about this bass?
    Thx

9. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    I think you'd better go to the store and actually test some basses. We here @TB don't know which tone you have in mind and which feel regarding body, weight and neck you like. Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. That's what TB is for, of course, but I think you'd better hear, see and feel for yourself.
    Notice the tightness of the neckpocket and the straightness of the neck and trust your ears is all I can say.

10. Hello again :hyper:
    I bought me the bass today and i'm very happy :bassist:
    It's a great bass and thx for help :)

11. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Which, the Yamaha or the Epiphone?

12. The Yamaha. I'm very happy with the bass :hyper: