1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

yamaha bb614 + emg-pj

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bazz, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Does anyone know weather it would be possible to wire a yamaha bb614 to some emg-pj pickups? and how easy/difficult would it be?

barnaby

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

The probability is that it can be done but is unlikely to be a calkwalk. No mod I've ever done went as planned. That's one thing that hasn't changed from day one. Nothing fits anything else and they don't make two of the same of anything is a good pre-plan preconception to adopt. So if you're not up for some grief and/or you don't have something else to play, probably not a good idea.

Bottom line is you never know anything till you do it. It may be a drop in or a disaster. Modding a beater is a good way to go before touching anything you care about.

3. And why would you want to mod this bass?

4. are you sudjesting that the pickups would NOt make it any better? i presumed that the pickups would improve the sound quality...

5. Well.. The EMG's are (overall) pretty trebly/crispy pickups. The bass you have there is a quite darker/warmer/growlier sounding bass. I'm going to buy the passive version soon and I think it is absolutely 'one of a kind'. So if you don't like the tone, I rather suggest to look into another bass. :smug:

It's not that if you replace pickups a bass will directly sound better. It can also sound worse.