Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha BB615

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LA, Jun 19, 2005.

1. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Who owns one of these? Is the string spacing 3" from the B to the G strings, or something else?

I'm seriously considering a BB615; seems like the guy who sold me my RBX765 on eBay doesn't want to ship it to me, so if I can get my money back, I think that's what I'll do.

2. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    The stringspacing at the bridge is 18mm. The nut wide is 45mm. The weight of my bass is 4,2 kg.

3. Splanky

Splanky

Jun 10, 2002
    Gothenburg Sweden
    Read a review in the British Guitar Player mag.
    Generally very good. Great value for money.
    The only real complain was that the fiver were slightly neck heavy but far from unplayable.

Hope things sort out with the RBX.

Cheers!

4. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    With a strap lock mounted and a good strap the bass balances better than any 5/6 String Warwick and light weight Fender. The sound is absolutely amazing and the workmanship is perfect. Yamaha has the best quality control by far from all mass producers. For 400 Euro you will not get any better playing and sounding bass. This bass sits really good in the mix. Definately no high end or vintage bass but exactly the universal tool for the working bassist. Even Pro's like it!!! (Ask Lisa Stansfields bassist!)

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    The RBX is finally on its way; the owner had "personal problems" that he had to take care of. I must be heartless to be so annoyed.