1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East Limited Edition 5-String Bass Guitar Rare!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 8vabasso, Mar 5, 2018.

1. 8vabasso

8vabasso

Jun 13, 2010
    Price:
    $2200.00
    Strings:
    For Sale; A very rare Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East Limited Edition 5-String Bass Guitar. This bass was developed in cooperation with Mr. East, celebrating the 30-year partnership between Yamaha and the bass legend. The BBNE2LTD is a limited-edition version of Nathan’s signature 5-string bass featured a new finish and an exclusive accessory kit. Production was limited to 50 basses globally! *ONLY 13 OF WHICH, WERE SENT TO THE US*. The Nathan East Limited Edition Signature 5-string bass guitar features a pewter finish, black nickel hardware, and a premium accessories pack including signature leather strap, photo book, picks, signed Nathan East "hand stamp".

The bass has been meticulously maintained since it was purchased new, and is in very nice “collectible” condition. The finish is still beautiful, showing very few blemishes of use with no scratches or signs of “buckle rash” on the back of the body. There is one nick however, on the backside of the headstock. This would be easy to fill and repair. The ebony fretboard is in nice condition and the abalone inlays are a thing of beauty. It plays like a dream and the electronics give it just the right conditioning to create an array of sounds. The special deluxe case has not been used since it was purchased and is in perfect shape. The bass is currently fitted with Adagio XL Chrome Flatwounds.

This is a very collectible bass worth having. Aside from the fact that it is a wonderfully playing instrument, it will only increase in value over in the coming years, due to its limited production and distribution.

Manufacturer’s description and specifications are;

Construction
    Neck Through
    Scale Length
    34" (863.6mm)
    Fingerboard
    Ebony
    Radius
    19 11/16" (500mm)
    Frets
    Body
    Maple/Alder
    Neck
    Maple/Premium Grade Mahogany 5 Piece
    Bridge
    Yamaha BPZ-7 (No Piezo)
    Pickups
    Alnico V Stack Type x 2
    Pickup Switch
    N/A
    Controls
    Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ, Mid Cut Frequency, Mid Cut On-Off Switch
    Design and Electronics
    The BBNE2 follows the shape and design of other BB series guitars with its stylish double-cutaway contoured body constructed from Maple and Alder, maximizing resonance and helping to produce the thick, warm tone the BBNE2 produces. The BBNE2 features a neck through design comprised of a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the body. The contoured design of the body is to ensure maximum comfort for the player. Additionally, the BBNE2 features active electronics with a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East’s ‘Magic Box’. This circuit gives you the ability to cut off the selected mid frequency for added precision and control.

Unique Bridge Design

One of the most unique features of the BBNE2 is the design of the bridge of the instrument. The bridge features individual bridge pieces which help to minimize any crossed vibrations from other strings. This results in a purer and cleaner tone, minimizing any mistakes or wrong notes.

Custom Pickups

The BBNE2 features two sets of pickups, The Alnico V Humbucker pickups and custom designed slack type pickups. The Alnico V Humbucker pickups produce a warmer tone, while the construction helps to minimize any feedback. The custom slack type pickups were designed in collaboration with Nathan East, providing the perfect tone for Jazz and Blues players.

I am selling this and my other axes only because I am getting too old to play anymore. I have seen just a couple of these come up for sale since I bought it new. Don’t miss the opportunity to own, and play, a truly rare collectible and beautifully crafted bass.

Attached Files:

dlargent, InnerBass, ranat and 5 others like this.
  2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Now THAT is a unicorn. :wideyed: drool

Polk Salad and dave64o like this.
  3. J Neck Peabody

J Neck Peabody Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Looks awesome! You got any specs on nut width and/or string spacing at the bridge?

4. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Jayneck Peabody likes this.
  5. 8vabasso

8vabasso

Jun 13, 2010
    songwriter21 likes this.
  6. J Neck Peabody

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    songwriter21 likes this.
  7. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Texas
    really cool. It corrects the one thing I hate about the East signature, gold hardware.

Adam Wright and Jayneck Peabody like this.
  8. J Neck Peabody

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Exactly! I'm shocked by how many nice bass guitars are garnished with "pimpy" looking gold hardware! No more FGH!!!!

ThumbyAche likes this.
  9. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    PMed!

10. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Very rare indeed.

11. Jazzmatazz

Jazzmatazz

Mar 23, 2018
    Oh that is cool.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021