Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

yamaha BBT 500H amplifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fazziebear, Jan 9, 2005.

1. fazziebear

fazziebear

Jun 23, 2004
    Hey all,

i have a newbie question,

i have 2 cabs, a peavey 15inch (i think) and an ashdown 2x10. both at 8 ohms

can i run an amp such as the yamaha BBT 500H amplifier which outputs 2 and 4ohms? and if so what wattage?

also does anyone own the yamaha BBT 500H? and is it any good?

2. That amp will run at 4 ohms if you hook it up to (2) 8-ohm cabs. So it will make 250 watts RMS.

I havent heard one yet.

3. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I've only practiced some and took it to a jam and it was loaned out for recording. Great amp so far for what it's been used for. I just sold my peavey cab to make room for a couple wizzy cab's. Should be here in a day or so. The jam I went to, I played through a fender 410 (8ohm) and a crate 1x15(4ohm) which put the load at 2.67 ohms I think. At the end of the 3 hour jam, it had a slight warmth to it.The guy who used it for recording loved it. No speaker, but just as a di.

4. fazziebear

fazziebear

Jun 23, 2004
    excellent,

cheers for the reply, i think i'm gonna have to get one :hyper:

the only prob i have is that i have a 4 ohm 115bx bw peavey not 8 with an ashdown 2x10 8ohm

but having read the ohms faq i think it will be ok, cause the output runs at a min of 2 ohms,

is my thinking correct or am i a crazy fool.????????????????

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Your amp will operate fine at a minimum of 2 ohms. That means you can run cabs in any combination from 2 ohms, 2.67ohms, 4ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms and on and on and on.

But the minimum is 2 ohms.

O.k.?

As far as what wattage you run at what ohms you will need to consult your manual for that.

The higher ohms you go the less wattage you get.

Got it?

:D

Joe.