yamaha BBT 500H amplifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fazziebear, Jan 9, 2005.

1. fazziebear

Jun 23, 2004
    Hey all,

i have a newbie question,

i have 2 cabs, a peavey 15inch (i think) and an ashdown 2x10. both at 8 ohms

can i run an amp such as the yamaha BBT 500H amplifier which outputs 2 and 4ohms? and if so what wattage?

also does anyone own the yamaha BBT 500H? and is it any good?
  2. That amp will run at 4 ohms if you hook it up to (2) 8-ohm cabs. So it will make 250 watts RMS.

I havent heard one yet.
  3. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I've only practiced some and took it to a jam and it was loaned out for recording. Great amp so far for what it's been used for. I just sold my peavey cab to make room for a couple wizzy cab's. Should be here in a day or so. The jam I went to, I played through a fender 410 (8ohm) and a crate 1x15(4ohm) which put the load at 2.67 ohms I think. At the end of the 3 hour jam, it had a slight warmth to it.The guy who used it for recording loved it. No speaker, but just as a di.
  4. fazziebear

Jun 23, 2004

cheers for the reply, i think i'm gonna have to get one :hyper:

the only prob i have is that i have a 4 ohm 115bx bw peavey not 8 with an ashdown 2x10 8ohm

but having read the ohms faq i think it will be ok, cause the output runs at a min of 2 ohms,

is my thinking correct or am i a crazy fool.????????????????
  5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Your amp will operate fine at a minimum of 2 ohms. That means you can run cabs in any combination from 2 ohms, 2.67ohms, 4ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms and on and on and on.

But the minimum is 2 ohms.

As far as what wattage you run at what ohms you will need to consult your manual for that.

The higher ohms you go the less wattage you get.

Got it?