1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BBT500 footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pcurtain, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hi All!

I'm wondering what other BBT owners have chosen for footswitches. I've looked at the Yamaha MFC10, but at $280 retail, it's a bit steep.

I'm really just looking for a floor match to the 5 config choices.

What have you tried?

Thanks!
    --p

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Havent .... never felt I neded one since my amp head is right at chest height, no problem just pushing a button ... will be interesting to see what others are using though ...

3. Gotcha! And for many, that'll be the case. Mine ends up about waist height.

For me, I'd like to be able to switch among the carefully saved presets without turning back to the box. The problem, for me at least, is seeing those little switches and whether they're on or not.

Anyone else looking into footswitches?
    --p

4. I've been wondering the same thing for a while now. Thanks for asking this question!

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Dude, there usually are a few of midi foot pedals on Ebay at any given time for under $100... Rocktron makes a good, inexpensive one for under $100 new...

6. Okay! So.... I'm digging into this, and for anyone else who comes searching, here's what I'm considering.

Yamaha MFC10 seems clear, simple and it's what they mention in the BBT500 manual: $280 new.

Rocktron Midi Mate is much more complex, but it's $150 or so.

Any others?
    --p

7. Indeed. I'm bidding on one now. The MFC10's are pretty rare. And I'm still trying to decide on the Midi Mate from Rocktron. Is there another Rocktron model you'd suggest?

--p

8. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Bump!