1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha BBT500H Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassic83, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    So, anyone here use one? I'm liking the weight, and the fact that it does the 2-ohm thing. Plus, it might be a stopgap until MarkBass arrives here in the States and I can try one. Sounds? 11 models, 500W at 2Ohm, 250 at 4Ohm. Most likely 170 at 8 Ohms, though it doesnt' really say...so what's the verdict? And MF is blowing them out for $399. Anyone use one with a Schroeder 1210? I know the Schroes don't like certain amps, is this one of them?

2. d sage

d sage

May 16, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Mine arrived yesterday. I sure like the weight! And it sounds great on my Berg HT210. Plenty of capability to hone your tone if you want it but it doesn't get in the way of getting a great sound if you don't.
    Mainly I bought it for practice and rehersal. I doubt it has enough power to drive my Berg HT322 (it's pretty watt hungry) but I have a Navigator / K2 for that.

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    "Sorry, no matches found. Please try a different search term". Or something like that.