Yamaha BBT500H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frodebass, Dec 27, 2004.

1. frodebass

Apr 11, 2004

Just got the Yamaha BBT500H through the door here together with their 2x10 cab.
    I notice a slight hiss through the speaker whenever the volume is on, and some noise when engaging the LED lights for setting EQ points, compressor setting etc.
    Anyone else here got that?
    Also, the noise that seems to originate from thoose LED's is very sensitive to the speaker cable.
    I've tried 4 different cables, none that I have had any problem with in the past.
    The noise dissapears when I move the cable a bit around (hiss is always there though...)

Frode Berg
  2. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Have a bit of a hiss out of mine as well. I thought it may have been my old peavey cab's crossover cause I haven't got a new cab yet. I guess that's what we get for not getting to try it out before buying. That was part of the point of getting this vs a class A amp was class D = no noise philosophy, or so I thought. I got mine from AMS and I still have a few weeks before the 45 day return policy, although I have put mine in a rack already. I loaned it out already for someone to record through and it was dead quiet for that and worked out real well as a D.I.
    I don't now about the speaker cable thing. The fuzz and distortion settings sound very similar to me and the heavy setting can be made to sound close to that as well.
  3. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    How do you like the Yamaha 2x10 cab? Did you consider other brands? I'm still undecided. That and I'm nearing my budget on cab's in general :smug: