yamaha cab and laney heads?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Feb 19, 2003.

1. hello,

at a local pawn shop there are two things im thinking about buying and such, a yamaha 15 inch cab and a laney bass head.

what does everyone think about yamaha cabs and laney heads, i dont know models, im sorry, but any general info on them would be much appreciated.

2. oh yeah, they want 300 for the pair, sound like a god deal or no?
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I put Laney into the same category as Peavey - dependable, not great sounding but not bad either, great amp for "better than beginner" or "not quite pro".

The yamaha cab is probably a PA speaker. I have no memory of Yamaha ever making bass cabs but I could be wrong.
  4. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I have a Laney G150 head i run it thru a Laney cab, it's a very nice head, I have a large pattern of sound, it sounds good, i bought it used, and played it very loud, 9/10 I never had any problem...

I don't know for the cab but these heads are nice..
  5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    "better than beginner" or "not quite pro".

No offense to anyone but,

Plug 'em in. If you like what you hear buy 'em.
    a decent rig for $300 is a good thing. Make sure the head hasn't been mistreated in it's former life. check for buzzes snap crackle and pop etc...
  6. Yamaha Made some pretty good bass cabs back in the early eightys.If the speaker goes low without distorting it's probably OK and would make a decent bass cab.A friend of mine has a 2-15 Yamaha that he uses with a Fender Bassman 135 tube amp and it roars.
  7. cool, im thinking about going down there today ad checking it out. and whats even better is that i am trading a bunch of crap i dont use anymore for the rig.