1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, May 12, 2006.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I've been eyeballing the Yamaha BBT 1x10 cabinet to compliment the Yamaha BBT500 amp I bought last month. I just want to have a nice tiny, portable but moderately loud rig and was wondering if anyone owns one or has tried one out! Thoughts?

2. Thunder Lizard

Thunder Lizard

Dec 7, 2005
    Lethbridge, AB
    Canadian Distributor, Basson Sound Equipment
    I'm curious about the same thing... Yamaha has really brought their game up in the PA end of things with some kick butt cabinets, have they applied the same verve to their bass stuff?

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I played with a 110 and a 210 in the store with the head. I liked the sound of the 110. fairly deep for the single 10. don't know how loud it would go, but two might be an idea?

The 210 did not sound as good for some reason, not as punchy, kind of in articulate.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thing is, I usually play a 5 string but with the single 1x10(4ohm), I'd probably just play my Fender 4 and if I need to add my 2x10 (which is 8ohms) for the 3x10 effect and getting close to the 500w (2.67ohms). I just want to have a lot of rig options!

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    What do you think about the Yammie Head?

6. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I've had my bbt500h for over a year now. I really like it.
    There wasn't enough spec info on the cabinets for me to get them at the time. I ended up getting 2 wizzy's. I'd like to hear it sitting on top of 2 410 cabs.
    That's a bargain right now. A bt500h and 2 4x10 cabs for $1000.

7. MeYHymN

MeYHymN Habitual User

Nov 7, 2004
    Charleston, WV
    If a person bought the BBT500H 1x15 combo and the 4x10 cabinet. How would you stack them? Set the 15 on the floor and the 4-10's on top, that would be better for coupling right? Or would you just set them side by side? I saw the 15 combo for sale somewhere for 399, now I just have to find it again.
    Edit--499@zzounds

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I like it so far. I have not gigged it as yet and have not let it fly full out as yet either! I only plugged it into an 8ohm 1x12 (125w max) and it was pretty loud and my bass sounded fine through it. The 1x10 is 4ohms and can supposedly handle 250w. At least I'll have 250w at my disposal for that mini rig! I'm probably going to order it tomorrow!

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    These things are going for really cheap right now! I just ordered two of the 1x10's at $150 each, shipped, and the head, too, for $400, shipped.

Tom.

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I should have updated this thread. I did end up ordering one and even used it at a gig. I have another one coming due today in fact!

11. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I really want to get one of the 1x10s as they're almost too cheap not to, but it'd only be used for playing at home. I really should take that money to put into a new audio interface so I can play through my studio monitors, but having a real amp at home would be nice too. Augh what to do :(

12. I love the cabs but the head didn't do it for me. Where did you get the 110's for 150 each new? Kinda tempted to get a few.

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Musician's Friend. The 2x10 is $199, shipped. :eek: