Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha Custom shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Does anyone know if Yamaha makes custom basses for non-pro bassplayers?

I would like get a white BB1500 bass :cool: .
    The same bass that hip-hop bassplayer Preston Crump uses!

-Christian

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I asked around when the original John Myung signature model came out, hoping to get a five-string version.

Nope - endorsed players only.

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    If you look around you'll find one just like his. In the past year or so I've seen two or three of them - white with gold hardware. They're all used from the early 90's or so.

4. Or, just buy any coloured one you can find for a good price and have it painted! Do it yourself and save $$$

Pete

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could get one of the newer BBNE-II Nathan East models. They are a beautiful pearlescent white. Yum.

6. Yeah I know. I had old Yamaha BB5000A White with gold hardware. Super funky but I want a 4 string.

-Christian

7. Peik

Peik

Dec 2, 2004
    Sweden
    Hi Christian

You will probably have to wait a long time.
    Yamaha does build some custom models, but most are for domestic Japan. They build guitars out of old baseball bats and stuff, really cool.
    There is also an american custom shop, who does great work, you could always try then, but I expect it wont be cheap.

As a scandinavien you are pretty much out of luck. Johan Randén ( a swedish guitar wunderkind) who is a yamaha scandinavien sponsered artist, got them to put a custom finish on an excisting model. But that is as far as it goes.

So when you are an up and coming, semi famous bass player in Denmark, let me know. :)

Peik