1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha drumset and hardware, Zildjian cymbals, Gibralter rack, etc.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by nad, Oct 5, 2006.

1. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Everything here was purchased for around $1,200.00 new some 4 years ago. The set has more dust than abuse, I don't really need it because my drummer prophecy was fulfilled 6 months in when I learned to keep a decent beat. Toms are 10" 12" and 14".

drums.jpg
    (old picture, drums are currently dismantled)

$800.00 OBO + shipping and I'm willing to meet within a certain distance. I also have various sticks, silencers, etc. that I'm willing to toss in to sweeten a potential deal. Stool is not for sale, she's been my bass practice perch for ages now. Open for trades, mostly looking for cash though.

2. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Are you sure shipping is out of question?

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Even though I've shipped speaker cabinets before, I'm not too keen on the idea of shipping an entire drumkit, just seems like it could get damaged pretty easily. Although I suppose I could remove the heads and pack everything together with lots of bubble shtuff...

Hmm. If you're serious, let me know your postal code and let me see what I can come up with. :)

4. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    I've shipped multiple drum kits without problem. Lots of bubble wrap, and you can pack small drums inside the larger ones to save boxes and protect the smaller drums.

Glenn D.

5. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Bump. Entertaining reasonable offers and am now willing to ship. That's right, I'm a changed man. :)

6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    shell dimensions?

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Blumpkin.

8. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    pm sent

9. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Moved the drums to storage today, which is where they will sit until a) I get a house and start my studio or b) somebody coughs up enough shekels.

So anyhow, if this thread is many moons old but not locked, they are still up for grabs. Shoot me a PM and stuff.

10. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Is there another cymbol or are the two cymbols that are on the rack and the hi-hats the only ones?

11. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    1 crash, 1 ride, and pair of hats, just as pictured.

12. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Next question: You speak of three toms, but only 2 (the ones mounted on the rack) are pictured. I'm assuming there is a floor tom aswell that is just hidden by the other drums?

13. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Yeah, it's behind the set. :D It's actually not a floor tom, it's a cymbal stand mounted one, 14" diameter. I think the setup was called a "fusion set" with the toms like that, I've never been a big fan of floor toms (just use the bass drum for such instances).

14. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Any better pics?

So I'm guessing this is the older Stage Custom set? What are the specs (what kind of woods are the shells? what brand of heads?) ?

Thanks!
    Justin

15. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    The set is in storage now, so I don't have any decent pictures. I can get more possibly this weekend, although it's currently disassembled. Let me know what you're specifically looking for and I'll try to get the right photos on Sunday (it's a drive across town to the storage unit).

It's a Stage Custom (can't remember if it's Advantage or Standard), a bit over 3 years old now. The finish isn't gloss, I think those only come on the Advantage set. Heads are what came with the set, still in decent condition because I mostly used hotrods and brushes. More information is here:

http://onstagemag.com/ar/performance_yamaha_stage_custom/index.htm

16. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Oh, well if the kit is in storage don't worry about it. Thanks for the info!

17. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Um, it's still for sale, it was just taking up too much space in my tiny apartment. ;)

18. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    I know, I was just saying don't worry about taking more pictures if it's in storage :p .

19. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Price drop.

Hmm, won't let me edit the original post, don't know why. Anyhow:

$700.00 + split shipping

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021