Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha E-series bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ERIC31, Jan 29, 2006.

1. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Hey everyone. I want one of these cool Yamaha basses. This band is the Surf Coasters and they rock. This is one of the coolest basses I've ever seen. I can't seem to find them in the usual places. Any suggestions? it's not even on the Yamaha website, just the guitar version. Help!!

[​IMG]

2. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Eric -

Keep your eyes peeled -- they come up from time to time on Ebay and I think a TB'er or two may have had one for sale not too long ago.

FYI, another very cool online instrument store is gbase.com. I just found a couple of the E series basses there. Check out these links:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=818497

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=820721

As you can see, they aren't cheap but they do seem to be fun!

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I think I know why its not listed on Yamaha's website - 1960?

4. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I wonder if I can make one from Warmoth parts? Hmmmm......Thanks for the input.

5. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    It's a current Japan-market-only model... check out the japanese Yamaha guitar site (if you can navigate it.)

6. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I fugured as much. Recently I've been checking out a lot of Japanese bands online and they frequently have that very bass I want so bad.

Thanks for the tip!

7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It looks something like an old Mosrite. They were a cool looking bass back in the late 60s.

8. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I remember there's a TB'er that has at least 20(ooops ...too much...maybe 10) of them...
    maybe there's a pic on the yamaha appreciation 3d.

Looks cool...the sound?

9. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
  10. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
  11. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Yep...the same "Japan-only" thing as with the Yamaha's Tetsuo Sakurai model (a 6-string almost identical with the John Patitucci Signature but in shiny,white matte finish).When I asked my Yamaha dealer about it,he even didn't know about it's existence.Later,after a couple of phone calls and emails,he found out that the Tetsuo Sakurai Signature cannot be imported in Europe.:meh:

12. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Well I can tell you that a store near me in Italy had a blu one.
    I don't know if they sold it, I will ask.

13. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Maybe you can talk to ishibashi they might be able to get you one.

14. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    OMG!!! The Blue one and the Silver one are giving me even more GAS!!!!! I don't know if the wife will go for both...maybe not even one! lol She thinks two basses is enough....HA!!! Not EVEN!!

15. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Eric -

Did you get the PM I sent you?