1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha - electro-acoustic fretless 4 string - ????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by arther daily, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Hi, I played a Yamama Electro-Acoustic unlined fretless 4 string bass this weekend in a local music shop.

It was priced at £695, the shop owner told me the bass was 2nd hand and that brand new they cost about £1100.

I've checked the Yamaha site and found nothing. Does anyone know anything about this bass... brief description:

Black and what looked like flamed maple veneer underneath? Headstock 2+2, black board. Nylon strings, so I assume a piezo pickup somewhere? It had three knobs, Volume Treble and Bass.

It had nylon strings and sounded about as close to a upright bass I can imagine a bass guitar could. It played quite nicely, but I dont own or play a fretless so I dont have anything to judge it against(?)

Only down-side was that some (idiot) had used roundwounds on it and scratched the fretboard, stupid, but I guess it can be fixed pretty easily?

Basically I want to know if anyone has any experience of this bass, what they're like and how much I should pay for it?

2. OK, the vital info. Model = APX B12E

anyone?

3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Did it have a round sound hole? If you are not interested where's the shop? Thanks.

4. it did yes... and I'm about to mkae an offer and put a deposit on it today!

If the guy wont accept my offer and wants more than I'm willing to spend, I'll let you know - the shop is in Reading.