1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

YAMAHA EUB Megathread

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Christopher, Oct 30, 2000.

1. jazzyguitar

jazzyguitar

Aug 16, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    I have some extra parts for fastening the Full Circle as I had shown above. I will look for them. I purchased the individual items from various sources including ebay and Amazon to put it all together. I can sell the setup for a nominal fee with USPS for USA delivery. Overseas would be at buyers expense. I think the total parts cost would be around $10 or less. Regards. If interested, PM me. Steve.

2. Thanks for the advice, I was able to order two of them and get them shipped as a registered letter. Shipping ended up costing about ten percent of what the website quoted.

3. Is anybody here hesitant to spring for an SLB 300 due to the fact that it has a digital/computational component? I tend to see progress and change as happening more quickly in this area than others. For instance, the David Gage travel bass will probably be perceived the same in 20 years as it is now. The same might even be said for the SLB-200, with the common Full Circle mod, due to how timeless and durable the piezo technology seems to have been over the years. But what if the next update, or the one after that, completely turns the digital element of the SLB300 into a dinosaur? I hesitate to drop 4K on something digital....even if it currently sounds amazing to my ears. It could be totally irrational.

4. Happy Steve

Happy Steve Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Mel-burn, Ore-stralia
    I don't know if it will become a dinosaur. It will still have the good ergonomics. Interestingly, the SLB100 is still more expensive than the 200 despite the reputation for chewing through batteries.

But seriously,
    - you might be waiting to see if a SLB 300 LTD comes out.
    - or additional 'load your own modelling' / 'add player X or Y or Z sound' via SD card or USB connection

I think return benefits will diminish with further additional features.

For me it came down to a used 200 at a price I could afford. If I had the $$$$ to splash, I would go for the 300.

DuluthDank likes this.
  5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I don't see it this way, especially the way in which the microphone "modelling" is incorporated into the SLB-300. It functions in a not overly "digital" way, and it absolutely brings some very interesting (and arguably superior) tonal options to the table.

DuluthDank likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021