Yamaha, Fender basses for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Captain Digital, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Captain Digital

Captain Digital

Sep 23, 2001
    Plano TX
    I've got two basses I'm selling, in order to get a 5-string.

#1 - Yamaha RBX200F, black, P-bass passive pickup, lined fretless rosewood fretboard, black body with chrome hardware, good condition. I'm about to list it on eBay and expect to get $200 or better.

#2 - Fender Jazz Bass Special (Japan made) - Burgundy red, P-bass and J-bass passive pickups, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, black hardware, designed with no pickguard - in original condition w/minimal wear. Asking $300.

I have hardshell cases for both, will sell w/ or w/out cases.

I need to sell both soon.

email me for pics and more info.

Captian Digital
  2. Very interested in the yamaha.

Got any pictures, and how would you like payment.

How much for the case? would need it for shipping to the UK.

Is it on eBay yet?
    if yes, how long till eBay runs out?
  3. Captain Digital

Captain Digital

Sep 23, 2001
    Plano TX

Please go to - there you will find a page I've created with links to (unfortunately low-res) pictures of both instruments.

I've never sold anything internationally before, so I'm not sure of the best way. If you can handle PayPal, I'm set up for that on eBay. If not, if you can write a check on an American bank - or a bank that has offices in Dallas, TX, then I think that might work. I'm open to other ideas.

I've not yet posted either instrument on eBay. Frankly, after discovering this forum, I thought I'd give everybody here a shot at them first. If I don't have any serious buyers here within a week, I'll list them on eBay.

As far as the case(s), I'd probably let them go for $75 each, but I would only sell them with one of the basses. (I expect that one of them would fit the 5-string I'm planning to buy.

Let me know if you are interested.
  4. I'll look into methods of payment, but yes I am interested. I'll you know what I can sort out.

Any idea how much postage would be?
  5. Captain Digital

Captain Digital

Sep 23, 2001
    Plano TX
    Not a clue. I know that FedEx ships overseas...you could probably go to www.fedex.com and www.ups.com to get info on what they do. I will go to Guitar Center and beg a shipping carton from them. Assuming you want the case, too, it would make for a secure way to ship - bass, case, foam peanuts and a sturdy cardboard carton. I can get weight info if you need it, but I'll have to take the bass and case someplace to get it weighed.
  6. Pictures look cool, but I see what you mean about the quality of the images. I take it the lines on the fretboard are just markers?

If you're willing I can transfer funds directly to your account, rather than using a third party such as paypal. It all depends on whether or not you're prepared to let me know your account details. You can send them to me by snail-mail if you'd prefer not to let everyone know (probably best).

I don't think I'll be able to get a quote from FedEx, or any one else, without weights. So if you could let me know it'd be great.

Exciting stuff!
  7. Sorry.
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out at the last minute.

MAJOR car related financial problems.

I am sorry about this. Hope you sell it OK, and you get your 5 string.

I was really looking forward to it as well.
  8. Captain Digital

Captain Digital

Sep 23, 2001
    Plano TX
    Sorry to hear that, but I understand. Hope your car gets better.
  9. Captain Digital

Captain Digital

Sep 23, 2001
    Plano TX
    NEW PICTURES AVAILABLE - with descriptive text. Goto for a look at both the Fender Jazz Bass Special and the Yamaha RBX200F.