Yamaha gig bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by realitycheck, Sep 15, 2005.

1. realitycheck

Sep 8, 2005
    Hey guys I have a yamaha 4 string bass. I want a gig bag for it. The hard case just weighs too much. I want a gig bag that can hold a notebook that i have my tabs in. Its a regular three ring binder. Also my instrument cord, you know the regular stuff. Can someone point me in the right direction as to which is a really good gig bag for a good price. Thanks.
  2. wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I also have a Yammy bass and use an Ashton BB1200 gig bag. Only about $40 Australian. Ashton also do other gig bags, there's one for about $70 Australian that has 15mm padding and more pockets than you can shake a stick at.
  3. realitycheck

Sep 8, 2005
    Well you think they sell in the US. I dont really care to order from overseas. Just takes too long.
  4. just go down to your local music shop and pick one up.... its not like theres a Squire vs Sadowsky type quality issue with gigbags... i guess there are people that will argue otherwise, but if you needed good protection for your bass, you wouldn't be worried about the extra weight of a hardshell case... surely
  5. realitycheck

Sep 8, 2005
    Yeah I appreciate the help, really its just the bulkiness of the hardshell and theres no compartments to put my stuff in. So if I have the backpack strap it will be a whole lot easier fitting it in my little civic.