Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha gig bag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by realitycheck, Sep 15, 2005.

1. realitycheck

realitycheck

Sep 8, 2005
    Hey guys I have a yamaha 4 string bass. I want a gig bag for it. The hard case just weighs too much. I want a gig bag that can hold a notebook that i have my tabs in. Its a regular three ring binder. Also my instrument cord, you know the regular stuff. Can someone point me in the right direction as to which is a really good gig bag for a good price. Thanks.

2. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I also have a Yammy bass and use an Ashton BB1200 gig bag. Only about $40 Australian. Ashton also do other gig bags, there's one for about $70 Australian that has 15mm padding and more pockets than you can shake a stick at.

3. realitycheck

realitycheck

Sep 8, 2005
    Well you think they sell in the US. I dont really care to order from overseas. Just takes too long.

4. just go down to your local music shop and pick one up.... its not like theres a Squire vs Sadowsky type quality issue with gigbags... i guess there are people that will argue otherwise, but if you needed good protection for your bass, you wouldn't be worried about the extra weight of a hardshell case... surely

5. realitycheck

realitycheck

Sep 8, 2005
    Yeah I appreciate the help, really its just the bulkiness of the hardshell and theres no compartments to put my stuff in. So if I have the backpack strap it will be a whole lot easier fitting it in my little civic.