Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Yamaha hardshell case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sapo, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Anybody know where I can acquire a Yamaha GB27 case for the Yamaha Attitude bass? Seems like I've looked everywhere and nobody has one in stock. I even called the main Yamaha warehouse in the US and they didn't have any. Help me, please!

p.s. Maybe I should have posted this in miscellaneous.

2. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    Have you thought about using a good quality gig bag? If you're handling your own gear and not throwing it in the back of a van, bags are a viable option.

3. Yeah, that's a good point. Actually right now that's what I'm doing (I'm borrowing the gig bag from one of my other basses). For whatever reason I just prefer a hardshell case.

The headstock is a little too long to fit in Precision style cases so I'm almost stuck with trying to find that specific Yamaha case.

I guess I could always have an ATA case made but that would triple the cost!

4. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I guess your only options then are to contact Yamaha dealers to see if they have one lying around. One that I would try is www.chucklevins.com
    They do mail order and they are HUGE. You can ask them to check via email, and they get back to you within a day.

5. Cool, I haven't tried them yet. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info!