1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha hardshell case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sapo, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Anybody know where I can acquire a Yamaha GB27 case for the Yamaha Attitude bass? Seems like I've looked everywhere and nobody has one in stock. I even called the main Yamaha warehouse in the US and they didn't have any. Help me, please!

p.s. Maybe I should have posted this in miscellaneous.

2. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    Have you thought about using a good quality gig bag? If you're handling your own gear and not throwing it in the back of a van, bags are a viable option.

3. Yeah, that's a good point. Actually right now that's what I'm doing (I'm borrowing the gig bag from one of my other basses). For whatever reason I just prefer a hardshell case.

The headstock is a little too long to fit in Precision style cases so I'm almost stuck with trying to find that specific Yamaha case.

I guess I could always have an ATA case made but that would triple the cost!

4. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I guess your only options then are to contact Yamaha dealers to see if they have one lying around. One that I would try is www.chucklevins.com
    They do mail order and they are HUGE. You can ask them to check via email, and they get back to you within a day.

5. Cool, I haven't tried them yet. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info!