1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Yamaha John Patitucci TRBJP2 in amber mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbolanos, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    PRICE DROP $1800.00 shipped. in US. I never thought I would have to sell this world class instrument. It sounds amazing with clear and articulate highs and very punchy bottom end.The B string its out of this world.
    the 26 frets thing is not working out for me. so its up for grabs.
    It has been professionaly set up with low action and no buzz, dead quiet in studio. it has a new a new set of DR Lowriders
    30 to 130.
    asking $1900.00 + shipping.
    no trades please.
    thanks for looking
    Ruddy

2. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    a couple more pics...
    enjoy!

3. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    Sorry, I had to reload them.
    enjoy :cool:

4. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Man, that's one pretty bass. If I wasn't such a sucker for Lakland 5 strings you'd have an extremely enthusiastic PM on your hands; I just bought another Lakland today. If I ever go back to playing 6ers again this is the one I'd want. Best of luck with the sale!

5. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    This is gorgeous, and I prefer the bolt-on version hands down. If I played 6's...

6. I never thought I'd like Yamaha basses let alone a six string / well to cut a boring story short I bought one of these simply because it is one of the most even feeling & sounding basses available. The B is tight and feels FANTASTIC the build is perfect and the pickups are superb , it has a wonderful presence , a real players instrument !

7. I'd say a wise choice on a near perfect bass !:bassist:

8. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Hmmmm... To close it, you actually need to close it...

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I got the door for you.

10. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    Hard time deciding....
    but now this bass is really up for sale.
    got more pics if needed.
    thanks for looking

11. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    the bass is still available bump!:cool:

12. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Looks beautiful.

I've always wanted one of these, but I've never actually played one and I think my hands are probably too small. What is the string spacing? (It looks like at least 19 mm from the pic.) What is the neck width at each end? Is it a 34", 35", or longer scale? How long can you play it standing up without back problems? BTW, what's the matter with 26 frets? Can't you just ignore the extras?

13. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    Sorry for the delay in answering, but here we go anyways and thanks for the interest.
    indeed it is a beatiful instrument and the condition is mint!
    now, to your questions:
    spacing 19 mm which makes it perfect for slapping on a 6. most guys won't go any smaller than this. F basses are standard 19 mm.
    nut width at nut: just short of 2" (1/8 actually) or 1" and 7/8" to be precise.
    nut width at the opposite end 3.5"
    this bass is the newer TRBJP2 with 35" scale, this improves dramatically the B string. it sounds very powerful. I used to have the original TRBJP as well in amber as well
    I play this bass with a comfort strap, and I have never had any back pain issues. The bass balances very well.
    and good question regarding the 26 frets. I do quite a bit of chording in the high register, and when I am reading music, I glance for a second where my hand is going to land, and honestly I am so used to the 24 frets, that sometimes I get lost.... its' probably lack of practice.
    let me know if you want more pics OK
    thanks again
    Ruddy

14. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada

If you get a chance to play any of the TRB6,TRB6P,TRB6PII..etc any TRB in 6 string and you will know what the Patitucci feels like. they all have same string spacing. the older TRB's are 34" the newer ones JP2 and the TRB II's are all 35"

15. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    is that USD or Canadian?

16. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    Hi Slapinfunk,
    The funds are in US
    the bass includes the original Yamaha hardcase as well.
    thanks

17. Very tempting, I must say. This bass has been on my GAS list for quite a few years...

Yamaha make great basses, and their TOTL Japan stuff are terrific instruments!

18. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
    Would you trade for a new Epifani 902?

19. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    Sorry, no trades, I need to pay up another bass i just got.
    thanks for the offer.

20. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    a couple of more days, before going to the bay.....
    get it while you can here!
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.