1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Yamaha JP I

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jjk2007, Nov 3, 2010.

1. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Just gotta say I love this bass. I use it in a variety of church gigs, some R&B stuff, and this thing delivers. Anyone else out there currently using the JP bass? Let's hear about it.

adda9b6e.

2. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Anyone? Anybody use the newer version and have any comparison comments.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Search for the Yamaha users thread or the TRB owners club thread. There is a whole lot of Yamaha and JP love here if you look.:bassist:

4. Second favorite 6 string I've ever played/owned. I do regret selling mine... for the price I did at least :p

5. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Played one 70% of my gigging time while stationed @ Osan AB, ROK. Love the flat fretboard and while the wide width/spacing can be scary, it's easy to get used to playing.

6. jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah Kwesi, I don't think mine is going anywhere. Thanks for the heads up Doc on the other threads. I just snagged that pic and thought I'd throw it up here. That bass just sounds so good to my ears. I was checking out Debra Killings playing hers on YouTube earlier too.

7. bzmnt

bzmnt

Aug 29, 2010
    Finland
    Old thread but gotta say, finally my JP is perfect. I got it used and had to refret it. I got it back a couple of days ago and it is a monster now! The neck has been lacquered again so it is silky and smooth and the sound got even better after the fretjob. Nice :)